Our experts share the top swim spa brands in the USA to help you decide…
You finally bought your swim spa and now its time to have it delivered to your home! While you might be getting ready to start swimming, exercising, and relaxing, there is one last step to cover before you can enjoy your swim spa... preparation for delivery day!
Custom Backyard Spaces can deliver and install your brand new swim spa in less than a day. However, in order for your swim spa to be delivered and installed safely there a number of steps that you need to follow.
1. Choosing The Right Location
The location you choose to set your swim spa can greatly affect your overall experience. Here are a few factors to consider when choosing the location:
- When choosing the site, make sure to consider the view. You want to ensure you can enjoy a pleasant view while relaxing in your swim spa. No one wants to be looking at trash cans! Choose an area with an open view.
- Make sure the location is not too far from your home. It should be easy to access in any weather or conditions.
- Keep your desired level of privacy in mind.
- Make sure there is a water source nearby to make the process of refilling easier.
- Similarly, also ensure there is drainage nearby. You will eventually need to drain your swim spa and for that you’ll require a proper drainage system.
- Keep an ample distance away from trees and shrubs. Otherwise your spa might be muddled with debris and leaves.
- Leave a 3 foot access area around the swim spa to make sure space is available for maintenance and repair.
2. Preparing The Site
Once you’ve chose the location of your swim spa, you can then proceed to preparing it for delivery day. The first question to consider is whether you’ll be placing it above ground or in ground. For an inground installation you will need to have the area excavated. Sometimes, the spa company can provide this excavation service as part of the installation process. Otherwise you will have to hire a contractor.
For an above ground installation, you will require a thick concrete pad to support the swim spa. An uneven or sloped surface can cause problems with the installation. That is why it is recommended to have your base inspected to ensure that it is ready for your swim spa on delivery day!
3. Set Up the Electrical Supply
Most swim spas require a 220/ 50 amp GCI hookup. Before your swim spa arrives, ensure that all your electrical work is done. Often times your spa company can refer you to a trusty electrician. Other times, you might need to find one independently.
It is important to hire a certified electrician to ensure all your wiring and connecting work is done flawlessly. You should also keep the electrical supply in mind when choosing the location of your swim spa. The further your swim spa is from your main breaker, the more it will cost to wire it. Save yourself the extra money and and don't go too far from the breaker when choosing your swim spa’s location.
4. Pre-Delivery Inspection
When delivery day arrives, make sure your location is clean. Also clear away the path to your base or deck to ensure the installation team does not face any hindrances as they install your swim spa. It is advised to mark your location with some painter’s tape to ensure accuracy on delivery day!
5. Finishing Touches
Now that your swim spa is in place, it is time for the finishing details. Many people opt to install a swim spa deck surrounding the swim spa to allow easier access. It is easier to build the deck around the swim spa once it is place to ensure the height is level with the spa. Pay attention to where your service points are located and keep them accessible in case you need to service your swim spa.
Still Not Sure if a Swim Spa is Right For You?
Check out our blog Swim Spas vs Hot Tubs to compare and contrast to make the right decision for you and your family.
Ready To Enjoy Your Swim Spa?
The experts at Custom Backyard Spaces can make the installation and delivery process as easy for you as possible. Our delivery team will also give you a comprehensive overview on using your swim spa before they leave. After that all you have to do is fill it up with water and enjoy!
Get Started on Your Swim Spa Journey Today!
If you’re ready to get a swim spa in your backyard, contact us at 919-444-8500 or fill out the form below!